As someone who has experienced IBS for most of their lives as well as muscle tension and headaches, peppermint as been a serious live saver!
I wanted to share some of the reasons why I love peppermint for those of you who may not be as familiar with it!
- Peppermint tea to decrease gas and bloating
- Fresh mint in water for a refreshing treat in the summer…or in a mojito 😉
- In essential oil form in a diffuser to make your room smell fresh and help me focus
- In essential oil form in a roller bottle to rub on temples for headaches (keep away from eyes!) and on sore muscles. You can also rub it on your stomach when you aren’t feeling well
- I love it in desserts because it reminds be of Christmas LOL
- in personal care products and soaps for an invigorating sensation!
Mint Chocolate Chip Smoothie
My favourite ice cream flavour is mint chip and I was always a fan of those mint chocolate Girl Guides cookies growing up.
This smoothie is inspired by this flavour but with a much healthier twist.
I hope you enjoy!
- 1 cup plant-based milk
- 1 cup spinach
- 1/4 cup fresh mint (or 1/4 tsp peppermint extract)
- 1/2 avocado
- top with dairy-free chocolate chips or cacao nibs
- optional: vanilla protein powder
Process: Blend all the ingredients together and serve with chocolate chips or cacao nibs