If you recall from my Kelp Noodle Stir Fry dish from October, you will know that kelp noodles, derived from kelp (yes the seaweed!), are a great source of many nutrients and are a great pasta alternative for people with gluten or grain sensitivities.
This dish is perfect as a side or as a main dish and pairs well with shrimp and other seafood for added protein. This dish is also fresh, light, and raw, meaning no heating needs to occur – just some light chopping and slicing.
However, don’t be scared to experiment in the kitchen. You can also add kelp noodles to soup, incorporate into salads, or add cooked veggies and protein of your choice. There is really no going wrong!
- ½ avocado, sliced
- ¼ carrot, peeled
- ¼ zucchini, peeled
- ½ cucumber, sliced thinly
- ½ apple, sliced thinly,
- 1 cup kelp noodles, drained
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey Dijon mustard
- ½ clove of garlic minced
- mix all the ingredients together in a bowl except the avocado
- You may have to cut up the kelp noodles a bit to separate
- mix all the sauce ingredients together and add to the bowl
- Mix everything until well combined
- Top with avocado